Last updated: February 18, 2022.
This Privacy Statement describes our privacy and security practices in connection with the information we collect through use of our services (“Services”). We are committed to assuring users of our services ("User(s)") that their information is secure and maintained in confidence, consistent with applicable state and federal laws.
The following sections describe our privacy and security practices:
Information Collected Online
To serve as your licensed insurance agent, we use your personal information to help you find and, if you so choose, apply for health insurance products that may be of interest to you and your family. We only use and disclose your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Statement. Throughout this Privacy Statement, we refer to information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, as "personal information".
As you navigate through our Services, we may ask you to disclose certain information so that we can provide you with quality information and services. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to disclose your information to us, we are providing you with the following information about how we collect and use your information.
Whether or not we need to collect information from you, how much information we collect, and whether such information is personal information will depend on how you use our Services. For many features, you do not need to provide us any personal information to review health care insurance quotes. For some of our features, you are required to provide contact information such as name, phone number, and email address in order for us to fulfill your request. We use this information to contact you about the services in which you have expressed interest or to facilitate the enrollment into a health plan of your choice.
By using our Services, setting up a user account, or completing a health insurance application facilitated by us, you consent to our processing of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
How Do We Acquire Personal Information?
We acquire personal information when you request to be contacted by an insurance agent or to complete an enrollment application facilitated by us. We will only send your personal contact information to an insurance agent when you explicitly consent to be contacted by an insurance agent regarding a specific product or regarding your potential insurability.
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to inquiries or requests from you;
- Delivering web-based products and services to you, such as our instant quote services; and,
- Facilitating health insurance enrollment through our electronic enrollment process
How Do We Acquire and Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information?
When you use our Services, we may collect certain Non-Personally-Identifiable Information such as demographic information. This data helps us identify the insurance product you are seeking and to provide you with an accurate insurance quote. Because Non-Personally Identifiable Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose such information for any purpose permitted by law, including:
- "Cookie" technology: A "cookie" is an element of data that we can send to your browser when you link to our Services. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. We store this information in order to track usage patterns. Cookies are totally harmless and do not hurt your computer, nor do they compromise your identity or provide us any other information other than what you, as the potential customer, willingly supply to us.
- IP Address: When you subscribe to an Internet Service Provider (ISP), your computing device is assigned an IP Address. We may track and store this address to help us manage security, monitor usage volume and patterns, and to customize experience and content.